The protest march embarked upon by members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has gotten 4 of their members arrested.
In the early hours of Friday, police officers attached to Ebonyi State police command arrested four members of the MASSOB group.
The arrested members were part of a crowd of peaceful protesters along some streets in Abakaliki including Vanco juntion.
They carried placards, flags of the group and chanted songs of unity and solidarity.
The protest unlike in Onitsha did not cause a breakdown of economic activities as keke operators and vehicles belonging to private individuals were diverted other adjoining streets even though there was a bit of confusion in the state capital.
Spokesman of the police in the State, ASP George Okafor confirmed the arrest of the MASSOB members.
He threatened that the police in the state was prepared for any showdown with the pro-Biafra group and would not allow it gain any influence over the state.
Peace has so far returned to the state capital as security operatives have been stationed at strategic locations to put a stop to the protests of MASSOB in the state.
Latest Updates ...
- Senate Passes New Bill, New Age for Running for Presidency Office Set
- Music: AKA & Anatii – Angelz
- Music: Dave East ft Chris Brown – Perfect
- VIDEO: Future feat Nicki Minaj – You Da Baddest
- Music: Future ft Nicki Minaj – You Da Baddest
- Music: AKA & Anatii – The Saga
- Music: AKA & Anatii – Psalm.1000
- Album: AKA & Anatii – Be Careful What You Wish For (BCWYWF)